Do you want to pursue a career in e-commerce? Perhaps being an e-commerce assistant is a good choice for you. Whatever is the case, you can decide better after knowing more about this e-commerce assistant job description.
The complexity of the Job
Being an e-commerce assistant is no big deal. You need to know how to use the computer and how to type. Your boss or the company will also take care of your training. What you have to do is to follow your boss’ instructions and do what you are supposed to do.
The Duties of an E-commerce Assistant
As an e-commerce assistant, your job is to be the assistant of the e-commerce department. Also, it means that you have to do whatever your boss or other employees ask you to do. The specifics will depend on the position that you are in:
If you are a junior e-commerce assistant, then you can expect the following duties:
- Organizing and sorting data
- Updating information on websites
- Managing online accounts for social media sites or online stores
- Organizing newsletters for e-commerce sites and social media sites
Since this is not easy, you can expect your salary to be higher than normal. Being an e-commerce assistant is not hard if you know what it entails. As a newbie, it is expected that you will commit some mistakes. But as long as you learn from them, then there is nothing wrong with it. You can still get a good experience from those mistakes and they can serve as lessons for your future career in e-commerce.
E-commerce Assistant Job Description: How Can I Become an E-Commerce Assistant?
If you want to become an e-commerce assistant, then below are some of the things that you must prepare:
1. Your resume or CV should show at least 1-year of experience in any related job. This should include knowledge on how to use the computer and basic typing skills. If possible, it should also have basic knowledge of online marketing or social media site management. This is very crucial as some employers are searching for candidates with such skills.
2. Your resume should have samples of your work like updating news on websites and managing social media accounts.
3. It should show that you can work with people as most of the work in this field requires teamwork.
4. It is important for your resume or CV to show good manners, especially when working with people from different countries or cultures.
5. Your resume should also show that you can work effectively under pressure.
6. It should be well-written and easy to understand. Make sure that it is free from any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. This will tell the employer that you are not only knowledgeable but also a person who is detail-oriented.
7. Make sure that your resume has a picture of you. An e-commerce assistant should be always smiling in his/her pictures because this is how he/she will project himself/herself to the employer and customers.
8. You must know how to use the computer in an effective way and how to type fast and accurately. If you are applying for a job as an e-commerce assistant, then this should be your top priority because almost 90% of the job requires these skills.
9. If possible, it is better if you can have a certification in social media site management or other related fields either in college or from online courses. This will not only make you more desirable to employers but also present you as someone who knows how to learn new things fast.
10. It is also helpful if you can speak English fluently because most of the work is done with people from other countries or cultures.